- 1 How do I know my vata pitta kapha body type?
- 2 How do you balance vata pitta and kapha?
- 3 How do you find out which dosha you are?
- 4 How do I know my body type in Ayurveda?
- 5 What are the symptoms of pitta?
- 6 What is a pitta body type?
- 7 What are the symptoms of kapha Dosha?
- 8 What is a Kapha body type?
- 9 Which dosha is the best?
- 10 How kapha body type lose weight?
- 11 What should Vata avoid?
How do I know my vata pitta kapha body type?
Vata is constituted by space and air, which is the energy of movement; fire and water constitute pitta, the principle of digestion and metabolism; and water and earth make up kapha, the dosha of structure and lubrication.
How do you balance vata pitta and kapha?
Keys to Dosha Balance
- Get to bed before 10 PM.
- Maintain a regular daily routine (see Ideal Daily Routine)
- Follow a Vata-pacifying diet. Favor warm beverages. Food should be warm, freshly prepared and unctuous. Use liberal amounts of sesame oil.
- Practice Transcendental Mediation.
How do you find out which dosha you are?
Add up your responses to determine your dominant constitution. Your (A) responses correspond to Vata, (B) to Pitta, and (C) to Kapha. The characteristic that received the highest number of responses is the most predominant force in your overall constitution.
How do I know my body type in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda describes 7 basic body-types:
- Vata dominant.
- Pitta dominant.
- Kapha dominant.
- Vata/Pitta (pitta/vata) – bidoshic body-type.
- Pitta/Kapha (kapha/pitta) – bidoshic body type.
- Kapha/Vata (vata/kapha) – bidoshic body type.
- Vata/Pitta/Kapha – tridoshic body type which is rare.
What are the symptoms of pitta?
An overview of Pitta Dosha:
- Excess generation of heat in the body.
- Acid reflux, gas, indigestion.
- Inflammation of the joints.
- Nausea, diarrhea or constipation.
- Anger & irritability.
- Bad breath.
- Body odor.
- Excessive sweating.
What is a pitta body type?
People of pitta body type are usually of medium height and have a delicate and slender body frame. Their muscle development is moderate and usually have a fair or reddish kind of complexion.
What are the symptoms of kapha Dosha?
These are some tell tale signs of imbalance for the Kapha Dosha:
- The symptoms of a cold (i.e. cough, congestion, post nasal drip)
- Seasonal allergies.
- A heavy feeling in stomach.
- Sluggish digestion.
- Lack of appetite.
- Weight gain.
- Water retention, swelling and puffiness.
- Lethargy, depression, lack of motivation.
What is a Kapha body type?
Kapha individuals have a big body frame and stocky body. They have smooth, oily and lustrous skin. They sweat easily. Kapha people have thick, long, wavy, lustrous, brown hairs. Their eyes are brown, large and oval shape with clear white sclera.
Which dosha is the best?
Here are some of the main characteristics for each dosha to help you determine which type matches you best:
- Pitta (fire + water). Intelligent, hard-working, and decisive.
- Vata (air + space). Creative, energetic, and lively.
- Kapha (earth + water). Naturally calm, grounded, and loyal.
How kapha body type lose weight?
Ideally, the kapha diet should include foods that are warm, dry, rough, light and digestible. Choose freshly prepared homemade food that is frozen, stale or cold food. Take out time from your busy schedule to engage in exercising to ensure a faster metabolic rate, and efficient fat-burning.
What should Vata avoid?
ALL FOODS WITH THE FOLLOWING PROPERTIES:
- STAY AWAY FROM FOODS THAT INCREASE VATA: these are foods that are astringent, bitter or pungent.
- FRUITS: all sour fruits, apples, pears, pomegranates, dried fruit.
- VEGETABLES: lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes, raw onions.
- GRAINS: buckwheat, barley, millet, corn.