- 1 How do you eat hummus with pita bread?
- 2 How do you heat up pita bread for hummus?
- 3 How do you serve pita bread?
- 4 What goes with pita and hummus?
- 5 Is hummus good for losing weight?
- 6 What bread is used for hummus?
- 7 What is the best way to heat pita bread?
- 8 What is the best way to warm up pita bread?
- 9 Can you eat pita bread without heating?
- 10 Is pita better than regular bread?
- 11 Why is pita bread healthy?
- 12 What do you eat pita chips with?
- 13 Is it OK to eat hummus everyday?
- 14 What can I mix with hummus?
- 15 Is pita bread and hummus good for you?
How do you eat hummus with pita bread?
Hummus with pita bread is a classic middle eastern snack. Hummus is a Levantine dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. Hummus dip is most commonly eaten with Pita bread but could also be eaten with Naan or Sandwiches/Burgers.
How do you heat up pita bread for hummus?
Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Take the bread out of the packaging.
- With a pastry brush, coat each pita with a thin film of olive oil.
- Add whatever herbs or spices you desire and place them on the top rack in the oven.
- Heat for between 5 and 10 minutes.
How do you serve pita bread?
Pita bread can be used as a scoop for dips and sauces like hummus or tahini sauce. Essentially, pita bread can substitute for any kind of eating utensils if none are available. Simply scoop thick soups, meats, vegetables or any other food into its pocket and eat.
What goes with pita and hummus?
Things to Eat with Hummus
- #1: Pita Chips, Bread, and Crackers. Pairing a pita bread and hummus is a classic way to enjoy this savory dip.
- #2: Sandwiches. What’s better than mayo or butter on a sandwich?
- #3: Creative Veggies and Fruit.
- #4: Salad Dressing.
- #5: Pasta Sauce.
- #6: Brownies.
- #9: Deviled Eggs.
- #10: Soup.
Is hummus good for losing weight?
Hummus is a great source of fiber and protein, which may promote weight loss. Surveys have shown that people who consume chickpeas or hummus regularly are less likely to be obese, plus have a lower BMI and smaller waist circumference.
What bread is used for hummus?
Laffa bread is a middle eastern bread that is thicker and chewier than pita. It’s used to wrap meats like kebabs and shawarma in food stands. It’s super popular in Israel and Palestine, and it’s perfect for scooping up hummus.
What is the best way to heat pita bread?
Heat up your toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then carefully wrap up your pita bread in aluminum foil and leave it in your toaster oven for around ten minutes. This will cook it nicely, and evenly while you can get on with other things.
What is the best way to warm up pita bread?
Wrap the dried out pita bread in a moist towel. Put the bread on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it for around 10 seconds. You can also use the oven to reheat the bread. Leaving the bread in the oven preheated to 200 degrees F for around 10 minutes will get the bread warm and soft.
Can you eat pita bread without heating?
Pitas can be used for sandwiches, pizzas and a variety of other dishes. Though a pita can easily be eaten at room temperature, reheating the bread gives it a softer texture.
Is pita better than regular bread?
Side-by-side, bread contains a little more fiber and slightly fewer carbs than a pita, making it a somewhat more nutritious option. Pitas are lower in sodium than bread, so that it may be the best option for those eating a low-salt diet.
Why is pita bread healthy?
Pita Bread: This moist, light and flat bread could be made of both refined as well as whole wheat flour. Apart from being low in calories, it is also a rich source of protein and carbohydrate and contains adequate amount of vitamin B, selenium and manganese that work together as antioxidants.
What do you eat pita chips with?
Looking for other ways to enjoy pita chips? Serve with:
- Pineapple Salsa.
- Greek Salsa.
- Veggie Hummus.
- Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Is it OK to eat hummus everyday?
“Overall, hummus is a relatively safe food to ‘overdo it’ on,” she says. So if you find yourself eating too much hummus and have a stomach ache, you can always cut back and try one of these 24 Ways to Get Rid of Bloating in Less Than 24 Hours.
What can I mix with hummus?
10 Ways to Make Store-Bought Hummus 10x Better
- Add salt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, and cayenne to taste.
- Mix in another tablespoons of tahini.
- Fold in Greek yogurt.
- Stir in puréed or mashed roasted garlic.
- Add coarsely-mashed chickpeas.
- Toast za’atar and nuts in oil, then pour over top.
- Drizzle over herb oil.
Is pita bread and hummus good for you?
The spread is made from chickpeas, and is rich in potassium, calcium, vitamin A, and folate, among other vitamins. The protein and healthy fat content also make hummus a delicious and smart choice. By pairing hummus with whole wheat pita bread, you have a complete snack that will keep you feeling full for hours.