- 1 Are specially selected pita chips healthy?
- 2 Are sea salt pita chips healthy?
- 3 What are the benefits of pita chips?
- 4 Who makes specially selected brand?
- 5 What are hummus chips?
- 6 What is the healthiest cracker to eat?
- 7 How bad are pita chips for you?
- 8 What are the healthiest chips to eat?
- 9 What do you eat pita chips with?
- 10 Is pita good for weight loss?
- 11 Are pita chips junk food?
- 12 Is specially selected an Aldi brand?
- 13 Are Aldi products really name brand?
- 14 Is Aldi maple syrup real?
Are specially selected pita chips healthy?
Pita chips, despite their exotic name, are nutritionally quite poor. They’re slightly lower in fat compared to potato chips, but made from refined carbs, and carry excessive sodium. Unlike potato chips that contain some potassium and vitamin C, pita chips are nutrient barren.
Are sea salt pita chips healthy?
Sure, it’s just flatbread. But when it’s sliced, toasted and dusted with salt, it becomes an addictively delicious, crispy snack. Pita chips are not only versatile, happy with hummus or supporting some cheese, they also tend to be healthier than other chips, packing significantly less fat and often less salt.
What are the benefits of pita chips?
A single serving of pita chips can provide a good amount of several important B vitamins, including folate, thiamine, niacin and riboflavin. These micronutrients play a key role in growth and development as well as cognitive function and brain health.
Who makes specially selected brand?
-based ALDI Inc. officially announced the launch of its Specially Selected premium brand, which comprises a range of specialty products available periodically throughout the year — from German coffees and gourmet pastas to premium meats and cheeses.
What are hummus chips?
Hummus chips are typically made with a blend of chickpea flour and potato starch and are baked (not fried). Many of the products’ packaging even boasts that—just like with actual hummus—the chips are a good source of protein and fiber.
What is the healthiest cracker to eat?
The 11 healthiest store-bought crackers you can buy.
- Best Overall: Triscuit Original Crackers.
- Best Seeded: Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Classic.
- Best for Weight Loss: GG Scandinavian Fiber Crispbread, Oat Bran.
- Best High-Protein: Back to Nature Whole Lotta Seeds Crackers.
How bad are pita chips for you?
Pita chips, made with white flour, oil, salt and several more ingredients, are no better. To boot, research shows that too much refined grains and starches increases the risk for heart disease, cancers, diabetes and weight gain.
What are the healthiest chips to eat?
8 Best Healthy Chips
- Barnana pink salt plantain chips. Price: $
- Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips. Price: $
- Safe + Fair olive oil and sea salt popcorn quinoa chips. Price: $
- Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs. Price: $
- Made in Nature Veggie Pops.
- Siete tortilla chips.
- Brad’s veggie chips.
- Forager Project grain-free greens chips.
What do you eat pita chips with?
Looking for other ways to enjoy pita chips? Serve with:
- Pineapple Salsa.
- Greek Salsa.
- Veggie Hummus.
- Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Is pita good for weight loss?
Based on the average 2000 calorie/day diet, pita bread will barely make a dent. While whole wheat options tend to be a little higher in calories, they’re also higher in fiber, taking longer for your stomach to digest and keeping you full for longer. Fiber is an easy way to cut down your calorie intake naturally.
Are pita chips junk food?
Pita chips would seem like a healthy alternative when you’ve got an intense junk food craving. “When you’re looking for a ‘dunker’ for things like hummus and spinach-artichoke dip, the heft of pita chips reigns supreme, surpassing weak alternatives like potato chips, tortilla chips, and airy crackers,” she says.
Is specially selected an Aldi brand?
The Specially Selected brand was introduced in 2013 in the US and offers Aldi customers “Gourmet foods at everyday low prices,” including eye-catching black packaging that gives it an upscale feel that pops off the shelf.
Are Aldi products really name brand?
A large part of this steady and impressive growth can be traced to its cost-effective and high-quality private label brands, which often taste as good as (if not better than) well-known name brands. And it’s for these reasons that Aldi was actually named Store Brand’s 2019 Retailer of the Year.
Is Aldi maple syrup real?
100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup – ALDI UK.